Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find and Replace with ASA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottncs

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2002
US
I need to change the Assist button on all my callmasters to an autodial button. I want to use the find and replace feature of ASA. But I dont see a field that stores the value for the programmed assist button, am I missing something?

Your best choice is likely going to be to apply a template to the phones you need changed. Hopefully, the button layout on all of them is the same.

Then you can do the find/replace, applying the template to the affected phones.

To create a button template, click System/Advanced/Create New Template... You then have several options for filling in the switch and button fields.

Hope this helps!

Dave Wolgast
HealthNow NY, Inc.

If you use the import data section and check the "change command" radio button. Select station from the drop down and leave the no template selection as is. When the screen opens just paste a list of all the extensions of the stations you want to change and then you only need to enter the new value in the field you want to change. John

This seems to be the answer. But I dont know which field to insert the value of abbrev-dial 92 07. Currently button 11 is filled with "Assist". I hate to haphazardly insert values.

Mmm? Just had a look and I think the only way that you can do this is to create one station the way you want it and then use that to create a template. If you export a list of all the stations into a spreadsheet with all their details and then run a job in ASA to remove them all (out of business hours of course) and then reuse that extension list and port assignments using the template you created. All these functions are carried out in the "import data" section of ASA. John
ski_69@hotmail.com

Thanks for the great tips, I got them all changed in a matter of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back