Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

find a color

Status
Not open for further replies.

askari

Technical User
Oct 29, 2001
AU
How do I go about finding an Instance of a colour swatch within an Indesign CS document?
I have placed some elements with spot colours into the document from other files and I want to replace the old colours with new colours. Im aware I can do this using aliases in the separations settings but I'd prefer to remove/replace the swatch without having to manually go searching for them.

Thanks

Thanks for the response but if I select the swatch the option is greyed out so I cant delete it.

Yep, I have 3 PMS spot colors, all of which, when selected have the rubbish bin greyed out so I cant delete them..... although I only want to delete 1 color.

None of them have the pencil icon crossed out with a red line.

I figured that I cant delete it because it is being used in the Indesign doc so I want to find where its being used so I can replace the color which will then allow me to delete it... or at least thats Im hoping thats what will happen!

I do have some duotone eps files but Ive updated all the colors so they shouldn't be using the PMS color that I want to delete... which brings me back to my original question... How do I go about finding an Instance of a colour swatch within an Indesign CS document?

thanks for your Help!!

I found this solution in an older Tek Tips document.

1. Create a new document

2. In that document, create a process color but give it the same name as the spot color that you want to remove (e.g. "PANTONE 447 U" as capitalization counts)

3. Make a book consisting only of the two documents.

4. Ensure the new document is configured as the style source in the book palette.

4. Synchronize the documents (in the book palette)

5. Now you will be able to delete the color from the swatches pallet of the previously relunctant file as it has now been overwritten by the new document's color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back