Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finally R12? 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
Got a webinar invite from Jenne for the IP Office R12 release.
Anyone else see this?
Mike

#westi, I know, last IPO times are very poor in terms of features but the doc states "end of web collaboration", what does it mean, nomore one-x portal? What replaces the web collaboration, a deeper teams integration? Should we expect just a R11.2 in terms of news?

R12.0 Document Library available on support website, Rocky and licenses apart seems really a R11.2.

I noticed you have to upgrade from 11.0.4.8 to 11.1 (USB method). Then upgrade again using the USB method to R12.
It would have been nice to go from 11.0.4.8 directly to R12 in one step since you are replacing the OS anyway.

Same goes for the virtual servers. Multiple steps.

I noticed you have to upgrade from 11.0.4.8 to 11.1 (USB method). Then upgrade again using the USB method to R12.
It would have been nice to go from 11.0.4.8 directly to R12 in one step since you are replacing the OS anyway.

Same goes for the virtual servers. Multiple steps.

I've yet to do an upgrade of a SE from 11.0.4 to 11.1. Mostly because the end users haven't had a need for the new functionality, and also because 11.1 was a bumpy road when it first came out.

I'd be curious to know if deploying a new virtual server then sending the config/restoring voicemail and rehosting licenses would be viable. I've done physical to virtual migrations that way, but that was staying on the same version. Seems it would be a time saver going that route.

We had yesterday a R12 presentation, lack of infos or new features, no clarifications about the R12 offical docs, UC module still supported (but as R11.1.3 working on a R12.x system), really unsatisfied about the very light and very quick presentation. Anyway seems to be released this month.

I will be only taking my customers to 11.1.3.1
R12 needs to burn in for a year or more.

So the GA release is up for download, just need to see how much it will be to get the licensing in place.

did a fresh deployment of R12 OVA on VMWare and logged in with Administrator, tried to use nmtui to update the network to match in with the customer network and doesn't seem to work (won't save). Tried to su to root and default password not accepted

The OVA file doesn't allow you to change both the language and the keyboard settings, that's a problem to use/change the system password requesting special characters

problem is logging in at Administrator and trying to SU to root (habit), from the console just login as root and it works.

@Bignose, if you have a NN-US keyboard layout it's problematic navigate in the platform too due to the requested characters, yes you can do it but I wonder why they didn't tested it before

Avaya have replaced the build 55 downloads with build 56, plus add TTS installers, and we can only assume fixed various other issues.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back