Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finally R12? 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
Got a webinar invite from Jenne for the IP Office R12 release.
Anyone else see this?
Mike

Be glad to see it get rid of the ever growing list of vulnerabilities

Thanks for the update.

I see web collaboration is no longer supported. Did anyone ever use this?

Not outside of benching it up internally. Never saw it used in the wild.

APSS/ACIS/ACSS-SME
not arrogant, just succinct.

Well that was an interesting call. Besides the fact that you could not understand what the presenter was saying its basically the same steps we used to upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1
UCMv 1 not supported and V2 will be end of life 8/2024

UCM V1 hasn't been supported at all since 2020 - it went end of sale in 2015! (it just been pure luck that it uses the same software imag as the V2 so you could still upgrade it).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I agree, if you have a UCMv1 running on 11.1 your are lucky.
Avaya will only support 64 bit on R12.
That means moving them to an app server or virtual machine.

CentOS7 is going end of life and no further security updates will be available.
Thats why they are moving to Rocky Linux

Some of the statements by the attendees were pretty shitty. It was a technical preso from development

I was not present but are there actually any new features?
Security with Rocky Linux aside is there actually anything new there that we can expect or did they simply streamline the system and took out what nobody wanted in the first place?

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

I agree, they were brutal. Regardless of weather this was a technical presentation doesn't excuse the presenter not being able to convey the message due to the fact she could not speak english.
All she did was read the slides. Nothing technical about that. They should get a presenter that can speak clearly and be understood.

Agreed. Reading slides is not a technical presentation. They could have just said, this is what is different about the upgrade process from before and then had someone available for technical questions...we have a million of them and asking about the upgrade process wasn't high on my list, since I assumed it would be as difficult as before at best.

What about everything besides the upgrade process?

Distribution will have more presentations that are more marketing focused.
Basically, IP Office Subscription will be released in NA, IPv6 with SBC is about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back