Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finally Passed CCNA 640-607 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElijahBaley

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2001
GB

Well it was a long time coming and I lent heavily on the members of this forum, but I finally passed the 640-607 with a 911 yesterday.

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated - look out for lots more questions from me as I pursue CCNP!

Cheers

EB

perseverance/tenacity pays,

Congrats Elija

I am only a recent member , but I cudn't help but notice ur posts. I've read ur "frustrated and embarressed post"... from that day till this day, a lot has changed,hasn't it , you fave finally done it. Persevarnce pays...Congrats, you deserve it. This will give u the confidence...now go get ur ccnp!!!. A boost like this may be the thing required to set off a chain of desirable events.

Life's battles always dont go to the stronger or faster man, sooner or latter the guy who wins is the one who things he can....

enjoy the moment and spoil urself.

Vikram
SAP BASIS R3\IBM AIX\Tivoli Administrator, CCNA

Well, how was it?
I'm doing CI-ICND at Global Knowledge starting tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be confident enough to take the 640-607 on Friday afternoon.

I spoke with the instructor earlier in the week about what I should read up on before the course, and he assured me that the course and exam won't contain any IPX-stuff anymore.
GK's own free online trainers for the course contain IPX though...

Can you tell me if there was any IPX or not in the exam?
Because if it's there, I'd better refresh some old CNA-material from a decade ago... :(

Well done EB, 911 is a very respectable score!

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

Dont concentrate too much on IPX, coz its not too focused on the exmas comming out.

I just got one question on IPX.

Read only the very basics...length of ipx address, gns , sap braodcast choke up lan, network portion, host portion identify. Thats it. First finish off the other stuff, if time remains, skim thru a little more on ipx if you want.and yes debug ipx routing activity, thats a favourite, altho this comes in the routing chap but is still partof ipx

Vikram

Well Done!!!!!!!!!!!![2thumbsup]

CCNP.....No probs.

Cheers

Ste

Are we talking about the same exam, vampirevicky?

There is NO mention of IPX at all in the four volumes of study guides I recieved today at the start of the ICND course.

The instructor insists that there won't be any IPX in the CCNA exam either, and proof of that would be that the exam is based on the ICND material, no more, no less.

Perhaps there has been an upgrade since you took the exam?

Maalobs,

yes we are talking abt the same exam. And I gave it on 6th august this month (640-607) so you have to say that is pretty recent. I dont know wether ur instructor says that there will be no ipx in the upgraded exam aftger 30 sept or he said there will be no ipx in the exams befoer that, but the fact of the matter is deste ppl telling me its not aksed I had prepared and I did get one question on august 6th. what chokes up lan traffic, choose any 2...broadcasts and sap/gns requests. The 2 others were nonsense answers like switching and sumthing else. So the above 2 were correct. So yes they did ask and no I dont think they cud upgrade it atleast till 30 sept, they cant change the scope in the middle of the ongoing exam term.I know the syllabus doesnt mention it, but its a good think i prepared neverthless. 1 Q is 1 Q, worth its weight in gold, you and i both know it.

Vikram

That's wierd...
Well, I'll find out for sure on Friday. :)
Thanks for the warning.

By the way, are you living in the US, UK, or any other English speaking country?
I live in Sweden, and Global Knowledge informed me that all examinees who don't have English as their first language, get an extra 30 minutes on all Cisco exams.
It's not exactly necessary on the CCNA exam as I have understood it, but that sure will come in handy on the later exams.

Maalobs,

I never heard of anything of that sort. I thought it was the same everywhere. Infact I. I checked the cisco certpage, nothing of that sort there...may be I am not aware of it. English is not the first language in my country. I got 2 hrs for 60 questions. But I thought the exam time varied between 90 and 120 mins depending on the no of sims u got. But I cud be wrong...In any case if i did get the extra 30 mins then lucky for me. But I did finish the exam with 25 mins to spare so either way wudnt have affected me too much.

Vikram

Thanks for the congrats, guys!

As for IPX, I think I had a similar question to Vampirevicky, so it was important to know the IPX stuff. I also found it very usefull to contrast another layer 3 protocol against IP during my studies.

EB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back