Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finally Geforce problems and how to fix them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzraelKans

Programmer
May 7, 2003
MX
Finally... after searching all over the web I found a document with working fixes to several problems the geforce series causes In windows XP, 2000 !! :)

As an extra it also features some documentation on topics that are very useful for hardware problem solving, like how to assign each device to a diferent IRQ on windows 2000. And how to properly uninstall drivers in windows XP :)

I hope this helps you solve some problems. Im currently using it to solve my Geforce MX 440 problem with AMD

I hope this helps!

Oh 2 extra tips that I read around that MIGHT help. So you wont need to read the entire FAQ.

1.-Some games using 3d aceleration in a geforce will crash if you are using SOUND hardware aceleration. To turn it off, you will have to execute DXDIAG ("Run command" in the Start Menu) go to the sound tab and turn aceleration off.

2.-In some cases if your computer locks up when trying to run games or while running them, the solution might be very simple. Just take out 1 memory simm (in case you only have one this method wont work sorry) turn on pc, let windows init and check the environment once is done exit windows normally and turn your PC off. Put the simm back in its place again. Turn on PC and voila! windows will re-check the memory, if you are lucky enough to have had a known DDR memory problem this will have solved it.

I hope this helps!

Just wanted to let you know, the FAQ actually works! =) I finally fixed my geforce card after months fiddling with it and every setting I could think of!

Spread the word the solution is here:
Now back to some gaming.. er, and some coding as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back