Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Final error: 0x452 - When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partit

Status
Not open for further replies.

k5g

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2005
US
Hello,

The complete Job Completion Status statement is:

"Final error: 0x452 - When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current block size is incorrect."

I am backing up all my servers to disk and then backing up that folder backup to tape...

I have a Dell 122T that has 8 tapes. Veritas "sees" the first 5 slots but marks the last 3 slots <Unknown Media>. The tapes are loaded in the drives and they are the same brand as the other "seeable" drives so it's not a media brand type issue.

The other listed error is:

"Storage device "Dell 1" reported an error on a request to read data from media.
Error reported:
When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current block size is incorrect."

The error reported leads me to think that changing the Maximum size for the backup-to-disk file to 100GB on the folder backup might be my problem...

Any ideas or insights would be helpful.

Thanks
k5g

The tapes that say Unknown Media: the usual solution for that is to select the tape/slot and inventory the tape.

I don't know about the second error, I've never see that.

-SQLBill

Thank you!

I tried that shortly after I posted. It worked!

Thanks
k5g

Did that solve both issues or only the first one?

-SQLBill

The error's appear to be caused by the same problem. I have not seen either error since the inventory.

Thanks,
k5g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back