Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

filtes and special characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

evag

Instructor
Sep 28, 2001
NL
We try to exlude the directory:
programm files/ms sql server/mssql$d2/000800194/data since this data is already getting backuped bij de sql agent. Unfortunatly this filter is skipped so arcserve still tries to do the backup and fails. A filter on the filedirctoris of an older sqldatabase (without the $ ) gives no problems. Is it possible that the problem is cause by te $-character and is there anything we can do about it. If not, what should I look for to solve this problem

Program: Arcserve 2000
sql 2000

As long as that is the only directory called that, try excluding Directory "00800194*". It will exclude all directories with that name.

thank you for your reply
The problem is dat we want to skip the directory that is called data in 000800194 en this is not the only directory with that name on that server. Is there a way we can work around this problem?

Try "00800194\data*". I have not done this type of exclusion before, so YMMV.

Let us know the results.

> Try "00800194\data*". I have not done this type of > exclusion before, so YMMV.
> Let us know the results.

We have tried it and it does not work. Ik still tries to backup the files.

Just guessing here, but try "*00800194\data*".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back