Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering in Active Directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeyncube

Technical User
May 29, 2003
GB
Hi Guys

We have an AD forest of 1000+ users. Some user accounts have been disabled.
Is it possible to get a printed list of all user accounts that are active or enabled.

And another one of user's that have been disabled.

Thanks in advance for your help.

you can do the filtering users first then export to a CSV file, then make it pretty in Excel

XM

Thanks for your response Xmario2004

Sorry to sound dumb. Can you please give me step by step instructions. When I go into the AD all I can see is the set filtering options button.

Where do I go from there.

Thanks once again for your help

Hi Mickeyncube

no problem, actually look up this myself cuz I never done it before, here is what it says, I find a string you can search under LDAP, here is the step:

1. open AD directory user and computer
2. click on the funnel button on the tool bar for filtering
3. click on the create custom filter radio button
4. go to advance tab
5. to search for ENABLED users, use the
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)( !(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))

LDAP search filter.
6. you will see the ADUC console rearrange itself and display only the enable users in the user container

I tried this on Windows server 2003 though,

Thanks Xmario2004 - this actually did exactly what I wanted it to do. Another question for you how do I set it to display the disabled accounts.

And which website did you get this information from

once again Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back