Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

filtering form queries 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamwat

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
AU
i am trying to filter form results, some of which are table entries and some are calculations made in the form, when i build a query to act as a filter i cannot get it to work, it asks for parameters which i do not want to give. should i be trying to do this differently

can you post the filter that you have design already that looks at the form.. so i can take a look at where you may be going rong.. thanks

i don't know how to send you the query as i'm using the query builder not vba.
i have sorted the parameter request by having the relevant form open.
when i run the query on the form it does not filter the data, the query works fine when i specify to filter data appearing in the form that is entered in a table field but as soon as i use the following line in the builder nothing happens properly

Expr1: Forms!tyre_picker![total mileage]

the problem i believe only happens when i try to filter using calculations/expression results out of the text boxes

hope that's clearer

jamie

So i am assmuning the the "tyre_picker" form is open at this point.

Do you have a field called "total mileage". The best way to make sure is to copy and paste the control name from the form into the query, so you know that you have not made a silly selling mistake.

Could you take any screen shots, and then give me the link to the site!!!

tyre_picker is the form, total mileage is a formula running as the control source in a text box which is the sum of 8 field entries. total mileage is not a field.
i build the query using expression builder and select the "total mileage" from the open forms box so i don't actually type anything.
i havn't got a website and i tried the print screen and paste function into this box but it doesn't work.

i have several other calculations running in this form which i have tried to use but to no avail. as soon as i use a field it is all fine.

so you are trying to use a calculation within a query, that you are using on the form!! Is that correct.

Can you post the database, if it does not contain wo much sensitive info in it.

I use A97 internal in the office.

What its best to do cause you can not post db nor enter email address, but there are ways around it. Send me the db in Access 97 format to kevin dot redfern at gmail dot com - i hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back