Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering Exchnage 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

emccue

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
US
All:
Hello. I having a problem with junk mail on my exchange server version 5.5. I know that with exchange 2000 you can set up filters can this be done on exchange 5.5 as well? If so please let me know.

Thanks in advance
Erick

On the IMS, go to the Connections tab, then the Message Filtering button. You can add exact mail entries, or domains in the form of:

@domain.com

Yes, that is very usefull information. Also, is there any free 3rd party spam blocking software?

bronto,
in the exchange 5.5, in the IMS connection tab, i dont find the filtering button. Where can i set the filtering?

Thanks

it is Under connections and there is a button near bottom on the centre says "Mesaage Filtering..."
you need to restart the services before it work

Sorry bronto,
I still dont have a sertvice pack installed. i have it right now and i will be installing it. Exchange service pack 3, is that okey? Will i able to see the message filtering in the connection tab? Any advice before i will install it?

Thanks

I believe SP3 will give you the functionality, but why not download SP4 from MS site?
Advice, make sure your backups are good....

Thanks Bronto, that was a very good advice.
Cheers..

To avoid a totaly manual input just paste the filter domain BlockList, run your registry editor and open the following key for editing: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Services/MSExchangeIMC/Parameters/TurfTable
Then just paste your list. remember the format @domain.com

Anyone still here on this thread?

I'd like a tool similar to Vamsoft Ltd. Open Relay Filter for Exchange 5.5.

How this works is it disallows any mail from a Blacklisted IP.

Anyone aware of a tool out there which does this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back