Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtering Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksorrell

Programmer
Jul 29, 2005
US
Hi All,

I am having an issue with filtering on the series group in a chart in SSRS. (Dundas Product)

I keeping getting the same error no matter what I Try.

"An error has occured at report processing. The processing of the filtered expression for chart 'chart1' cannot be performed. Comparison Failed. Please check data type returned by filter expression."

Can anyone help me with this. And are there anymore known issue with charts in SSRS.

Thanks in Advanced,

Kerrie

It looks like you are using an Expression to get the value Series group, correct?

Look at the dataset which is pulling the data for this Series group. Run it in QA to make sure that it runs fine and doesn't, at ANY TIME, return any NULL or empty values. If it doesn't, no matter what the circumstance, then you need to look at the expression calculating your Series group.

Post it here, tell us what types of steps you've gone through to get it working and we'll see if we can't help more.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"If a person is Microsoft Certified, does that mean that Microsoft pays the bills for the funny white jackets that tie in the back???

Thanks for the reply...
1. I think I am filtering in the wrong spot, I want to filter all of the graph.
2. I figured out how to do it for text,
Field!StageName.Value != ="name of stage"
That worked but I showed my Boss and he would like it so it works off of,
Field!HoursWorked.Value != =0
It does not work for that. I get the error message (above), and I do not know what I am doing wrong. Can you or someone help me with that.

Thanks, Kerrie

Hi All,

I fot an answer to my question, and I figured that I would share the wealth.

1. I stop trying to filter on series group and did it on the overall chart properties.

2. The chart control seems to take in account character places so...

3.Exppression Operator Value

trim(field!name.value) > 0

4. Apparently you have to "trim" the field to get the comparison to work.

Who Knew!!

But I would like to thank everyone for there time,

Kerrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back