Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filtered Combo Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

traycee

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2001
US
I have 3 tabbed forms. First tab is Client which is the main form. Second tab is Program which is a subform of Cient. Third tab is Changes which is also a subform of Client. I choose a client and can easily click any tab and all the data is filtered for that particular client. Change the client and all tabbed forms show the correct filtered data. ClientID is the primary key.

What I've been trying to do is create a filtered combo box on the Changes subform based on the 'code' field on the Program subform. The combo box shows the codes correctly for the first client I choose. Then I choose a different client. The records are correct for the newly selected client but the codes shown in the combo box are still for the previous client. If I click the refresh all button then the codes are correct.

Any ideas will be apprecited.

Thanks.

In the OnEnter event of the combobox
YourComboBoxName.requery

Yeah! Thanks so very much. I never even thought of using the OnEnter event. It works absolutely perfectly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back