Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter won't work in "open file" dialog box. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loomis

Programmer
Jan 4, 2000
US
I have placed an ActiveX control on a form. The control is the "Common Dialog Control version 6.0." This control is the "open file" dialog box available in most every windows application know to man. My question: how do you get the filter property to work. If I set the filter property to *.dbf, it appears correctly in the "Files of Type" editbox but it's functionality is ignored and all files appear in the window. Am I using the correct format (*.dbf)?
Loomis

Is there some functionality you need form the Common Dialog control that you can't get from the GETFILE() function? I've never had a problem getting the file extensions filter to work with GETFILE.

-BP (Barbara Peisch)

Loomis

faq184-3106 How can I select multiple files from Windows

may help you as an alternative to using the ActiveX control, as it details in part the properties of the Common Dialog class.

As you will see, an array is utilised for the two parts of the filter.

FAQ184-2483 - answering getting answered.​
Chris [pc2]
PDFcommander[sup]tm[/sup].com
PDFcommander[sup]tm[/sup].co.uk

Loomis,

Whatever.Filter = "VFP (*.dbf;*.fpt;*.cdx)|*.dbf;*.fpt;*.cdx"

boyd.gif

[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

Craig:
Thank You, your syntax worked perfect. Now, do you know how to disable the "Places Bar" in the ActiveX "open" dialog box.

Thanks,
Loomis

Thanks for the star. Seperate question deserves it's own thread...this is to avoid confusion in the future.

boyd.gif

[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back