Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter or query that allows edits

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxannep

Technical User
Jun 20, 2000
I have two tables: Contacts and Transactions. I need a way to filter the Contacts by Transactions over $500. The common field is ContactID in each table.

I can easily do a query, but I need to make an edit to the Contacts record. Naturally, all transactions meeting the criteria show up, duplicating the Contact information.

And it won't let me edit a "yes/no" field that I need to mark.

I currently have a Contacts form, that then has buttons to open each Contact's Transaction information through subforms. So I was hoping to use a filter within that already constructed form. No luck, because the filter will only work on the Contacts table or the Transactions table, not both simutaneously.

Direction on achieving this would be helpful. I've tried the query route, only to not be allowed to edit that "yes/no" field.

And of course, time is paramount.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back