Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter messages by recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2002
GB
Does anyone know of a way from within Exchange 2000 to filter mail by recipient i.e. stop mail addressed to me@mydomain.com.

I have filtering enabled and am filtering by the from address i.e. dodgy@blocked.com

If this is not possible from Exchange what about add ons, preferably cheap or even free!!!

Thanks

You can select the "Filtering" tab in GLOBAL SETTINGS > MESSAGE DELIVERY in your Exchange 2k System Manager, and indicate individual users/email accounts in the filter list (i.e., dodgy@somewhere.com) or entire domains (i.e., *@somewhere.com)

Now, does anyone know how to prevent users from sending outbound messages to specific users, or entire domains?

- unHOOKT

Thanks for that but I already have this enabled. This option allows for blocking by Sender, where I would like to block by recipient...

Chris, let me know if you find out the answer to that question............I have the same problem. I get a ton of bogus mail sent to a non-existant user. Usually it is sent to "e@mydomain", "ea@mydomain" or "jed@mydomain". It would be very helpful to simply block all mail coming in that is addressed to any of those three addresses instead of digging through headers and filtering senders!

Jake Garcia
NT Administrator
MCSA, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back