Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter By Form + Date Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonzie

MIS
Feb 16, 2001
CA
I have a form that has about 12 different fields that users enter information into. They are constantly using the 'filter by form' so they can narrow down the records they are looking for. This has been working great, but one of the fields is a date field and I needed to add a way to filter betweeen two dates. I completed this using two unbound text boxes.

Is there any way to combine the results of a 'filter by form' and using my date range filter? When I click the 'filter by form' button it clears out the values of the unbound text boxes and does not allow you to enter anything until after the filter is applied.

Long story short, I'm looking for a 'filter by form' with date range search ability.

To elaborate, I need the same results from the two unbound text boxes (startdate and enddate) combined with the filter-by-form as I would get by typing 'Between #2005/01/01# AND #2006/01/01#' into the date field. Anyone?

Research:
non-modal popup forms with the fields you are using (StartDate/EndDate).
When you launch the report have the criteria for the query refer to the fields on the form:
Like [forms]![nonmodalpopupformname]![fieldname]
The 'Like' keyword is not needed but can be used if desired as well as any other keyword(between, etc.)

Does this help?

Lamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back