Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filter and Mirror in copy Jobs Cant work togheter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mespe

Technical User
Aug 8, 2003
EC
Hello all:

I am trying to apply filters to a copy job with the Mirror option, but everytime I set Mirror option on the job, filters are completely ignored as if they were not there, and therefore the whole drive gets copied.

I am selecting the whole drive to be copied and trying to exclude some folders with filters to no succes whereas when I deselect mirror option, filters work in the same copy job.

I am really running out of ideas, help please!!!!!!!!!

p.s. I am trying this option in reference to threads: thread478-1028523 and thread478-1209979,

Mirror would imply mirror image. A mirror with a filter, isn't a mirror image.

Thanks for the reply..... That sounds logic and right.

So, no way I can mirror just part of the drive.... only the whole drive?

I am curious though, how in thread 478-1028523, segil and davidmichel suggest as if their mirror has filters.... any ideas?

I had no other option than to create a hidden share to each folder I needed to backup in the remote server, and set it up in the Preferred Shares/Machines section, so that I can select each one as if it was a whole drive. Used Mirror option and from reading the activity log seems to be working well. No need to use filters anymore.

What is weird is that even setting up the job like that, I still get warning W3415, "Unable to set file access control list" (File:filename.doc, EC=ACCESS DENIED), and yet the job copies well those files...

We just ordered Arcserve version 11 now, and I am curious if this is a bug or if it is by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back