Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Film Footage Calculation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cedarcreek

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
US
I work in film editorial and we all use Filemaker Pro for our database code books. Problem is everybody uses different calculations and such.

I need to do a simple calculation to subtract key numbers that then calcultates frames to feet. So Key number frames 'out' subtract Key number frames 'in' give me the total number of frames. HOWEVER if the answer is a - number ie: <0, I need to tell the program to add 16 and subtract 1 from the footage field.

My question is this: HOW DO I TELL THE PROGRAM THAT IF THE ANSWER TO FIELD A IS LESS THAN 0, ADD 16 AND SUBTRACT 1 FROM FIELD B?

I hope I haven't made this question more complicated than it is.

Thanks so much for your help

Hugh

Hugh,

What are the exact names of the fields involved?

-Striker

Thanks so much for posting I'll try to make this brief:

"Key Out Neg Frames" - "Key In Neg Frames" + 1 = "Total Footage Neg Frames"

However if "Total Footage Neg Frames" is less than 0, add 16, and subtract 1 from "Total Footage".

The "" denote Field names.

Thanks TStriker any help would be greatly appreciated. I have sevel FMP books but none go into Calculations with much detail. I wasn't sure if this would be and IF calculation because it doesn't really have a 'no' equation since if the answer is no you do nothing. So is it a Boolean equation? Tthat is a bit confusing as well.

Again thanks.

Hugh

I'm sure Striker will have a solution, I just read this in a hurry.

TotFNF =
KONF - (Case(
KINF < 0;+15;+1)
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back