Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filling Objects that exist in an Array

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krolsky

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
DE
I made a Server that creates an Array (the array is coded in a separate class). In the class List an Array is created and filled with Objects. These objects are empty and need to be filled by a Client.

The Client lives somewhere else and connects to the Server using an ORB (OpenORB from EXOLAB).

I do this all in JAVA.

The problem now is to fill in the data from the Client into the Objects in the Array. The Objects have other Objects in them too. For instance an Object "Car" with an Object "Seat" in it. Where I want to try and do a setSeatColor() in the Object "Seat".

So in the Client I want to put the color Blue in the SeatColor from the Car in the Array.

I hope I made myself clear if not I'm sorry for my crappy english :)

questions are always more than welcome.
Thank you.

Another addition to this question:

I think I might be able to do this by using object_to_string in the client and string_to_object in the server so i dont have to send objects(I think its not possible to send objects through an ORB).

Well thanks for listening, any input is welcome!

greetz
Krolsky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back