Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fill Field Values from @prompt 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

foundryqa

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
US
First off, I am using Formula Language for this:

I have a default view that contains a command button. Once the button is pressed an @prompt requests a number. This number is then used to do a series of dblookups's. I also have the button compose a new document. I would like the results of the dblookup's to be the source for some of the fields in the new form. I know the dblookup's are working, I have them output to an @prompt, but I am unable to use the output as field values. I would really like to populate the fields in the new document and then allow the user to manipulate them if neccessary, so I'm pretty sure that I will want to leave the fields editable. I believe the problem is in making a reference to the document so that when I say @setfield, Notes knows which doc I'm talking about. I did get the uniqueid from the document and reference the setting of the field that way, but because it is a new document, the ID is zeros. I don't want to have to save the doc and then reopen just to have an ID so that then I can populate fields. I'm sure you all have a simple answer. If neccessary I can use lotusscript, but am hung up on the lotusscript equivilant to an @dblookup function.

Thanks,

Foundry

I do something very similar (I think).

I have a Notes database that is used to conduct interviews with people who have been arrested. I have an interview form. In the post open event of the interview form, I call a prompt to have the user enter the case number. Once the case number is entered, I run a query against an external database and retrieve the case information. I then fill in the interview form with the data returned from the external query.

If that will help, I can post the code. It is however done in LotusScript and not Formula language.

Leslie

lespaul,

Thanks for the suggestion. I put my code in the postopen and everything works now.

Foundry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back