Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FileSystemObjects and WindowsXP problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjrollet

Programmer
Apr 10, 2002
US
I'm trying to use the FileSystemObjects using ASP 3.0 on a WindowsXP machine. Problem is, the browser times out when trying to do anything with the objects(getfile, createtextfile...). The object is created fine, but can't use methods. Is this a Windows setting problem? Anyone have this issue? Thanks in advance.

if by any chance you read this message again... this same problem happens to me... and I have no idea why XP can´t use the fso methods... did you find out the answer??

Greetings

Liliana

Are you using XP professional?
Is IIS turned on?

And, include some code for us to examine.

"...without questions, there cannot be answers!"

Hi roberto:

Yes I am using XP professional and yes I installed the IIS, so I am the administrator of my local server.

This is the code:

<% dim filesys, filetxt, num_Session, num_Activos
num_Session = Session("VisitorID")
num_Activos = Application("Active")
ini_Session = Session("Start")
'Response.Write(num_Activos)
Const ForReading= 1, ForWriting=2, ForAppending=8
Set filesys=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set filetxt=filesys.OpenTextFile("C:\liliana\reportes\reporte_manual.txt",True)
filetxt.WriteLine("Manual Evaluación del desempeño para usuarios generales")
filetxt.WriteLine("")
filetxt.WriteLine("Numero de accesos: " & num_Session)
filetxt.WriteLine("Usuarios activos: " & num_Activos)
filetxt.Close
%>

Of course there is a global.asa behind of this code. The problem with this, is the code was working fine in windows 2000 professional, but when I switched to XP it did not work.

Hope you can help me..

greetings

Can't use methods... (?!) Did you get "type mismatch" error or something like "access denied"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back