Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filesystem backups failing on 64 bit Widows/AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnPlayerSpecial

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
FI
I have problems with SYSTEM DB backups on 64 bit windows running on AMD. I know this is propably version issue as we have 7.2.2 server and these hosts has 7.3.2 client. We are planning to upgrade server but it is not possible right now.

Is it possible to create a directive which skips SYSTEM DB:\ and ASR:\? I have tried to create it but it won't work. These servers are pretty static so skipping these components is minor problem as we can backup those with ntbackup and then backup those files to tape.

Although it should work according to the concept, i suppose this has never been tested as this would be a kind of 'forward-compatibility'.

A directive is read when the appropriate directory will be touched during backups. As ASR and SYSTEM DB do not exist in the filesystem, a directive is useless. In this case you must specify the save set list explicitely without an entry for those save sets.

It´s not recommended to have client with a higher Networker version than the Networker server.

I had an other strange problem with the constellation server = 7.2.2 / client = 7.3.2:
The defined suff-command (backup with savepnpc) never starts. The backup of the client run and run... without doing something (after backing up the data).

I degrade the client to 7.2.2 and all was fine...

I forgot:
Do you installed the right Networker version for x64 Windows?

I just defined the savesets to the client configuration and made a scheduled SYSTEM_db dump to the disk.

Waiting to upgrade to 7.3.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back