Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Files Permissions on Rebuilt DC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmank91

MIS
Feb 22, 2005
US
Windows 2003 Standard running Exchange 2003
2xP4 3.2 3GB Ram

OK. This past Sunday my generator ran out of gas, and the UPS only holds for 20 minutes so I suffered a pretty big crash by way of Power Failure.
The server is setup Raid 10 with 4 SATA 250GB drives; 3 Partitions (1st is C: for Windows Installation, 2nd is D: for Exchange and Stores, 3rd is E: which houses our File Server for all employees.

After I was able to get Windows 2003 re-installed the File Server data looked completely intact with all permissions in place sitting E:, the permissions work to gain access to a given directory, but no one can write to any directory unless locally logged onto the server as domain admin or above. The Read-Only box was checked at the root of the file server which I unchecked and applied to all sub-folders and files. Still can't write to drive. I'm about to just set it up on another server and just copy the files unless someone has an idea what could be wrong.

this could be to the SID, which may have been changed for all users.

It is not the SID as I didn't lose Active Directory LDAP which was retained on another DC. Also; other shares I had in place for Application Database sharing have not been affected.
I tried recreating a share to which I would copy all the files but no new shares can be added without acting just like the original. It says "Access is Denied" Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and the file is not currently in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back