Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Files created at desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

swat

Technical User
Mar 24, 2002
CA
I have a TV tuner card and whenever I load the program some files ( a binary and an ini ) are created on my desktop . What can I do to get rid of them and why are they created at hte desktop and in the program's folder ? When I delete them , the next time I load the TV application , they are recreated.

Swat,<br><br>Not sure why they are created, but it looks as though they are needed for this software to run.&nbsp;&nbsp;What are you running and what TV card do you have.<br><br>It may be worth looking in the program folder for this software, probably held in c:\program files\???????, and looking for a .ini or even a .ini file, this may point to c:\windows\desktop to create files, you could try changing these, but if you do backup the orginals first.<br><br>More info would be helpful .<br><br>Ie Tv Card type<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Software used to view Tv.<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Are you just viewing or recording the TV<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Desktop OS Windows 95/98 release version.<br><br>Or as a last ditch effort the manual may help :) !!!!!<br><br><br><br><br> <p>Paul Ovey<br><a href=mailto:paul.ovey@avenue-legal.co.uk>paul.ovey@avenue-legal.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

I have the Leadtek winfast 2000 TV card and the software that came with it was capview TV ver 4.18 . I use the TV just for watching TV programs and the funniest is that I just found out that the same files ,which are created at the desktop, exist on the application directory !

ok, what .ini files are in the program directory, somewhere is these there will prob be a entry telling the s/w to create these files on your desktop, if you change the directory from c:\windows\desktop to c:\temp or c:\wnidows\temp. It probably will not create the files on your desktop.<br><br>Failing that post a copy of the .ini files here.&nbsp;&nbsp;Least then I will know what they are doing......<br><br>or if they really bother you.<br><br>Make a batch file on the desktop that will<br><br>1. Run the progam<br>2. delete the files on desktop.<br><br>Should look a bit like this<br><br>@echo off<br>c:\ <p>Paul Ovey<br><a href=mailto:paul.ovey@avenue-legal.co.uk>paul.ovey@avenue-legal.co.uk</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back