Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filemaker server will not open files in subfilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikky

Programmer
Feb 7, 2002
US
I've just installed a new version of Filemaker server - 5.5. It automatically opens the FP5 databases in the main folder but will not open databases in a subfolder of the main folder.

We used to run an old version - 3.0 of the server - and it automatically opened the subfolder files. Can anyone help me get the new version to do the same?

I know it's not the files, because they open fine if I copy them all the the main folder.

From FM Server 5.5v1 Help

When FileMaker Server starts, it automatically opens or hosts all multi-user files in the FileMaker Server folder (or in subfolders one level down).
Important
<sum> FileMaker Server 5.5 supports only FileMaker Pro 5.x databases. Therefore, any existing databases you have from previous versions of FileMaker Pro must be converted to FileMaker Pro 5.x format before you can host them using FileMaker Server 5.5.
<sum> Don't use personal file sharing to share FileMaker Pro files that are hosted by FileMaker Server.
To host database files using the local administration window:
1 In FileMaker Server, choose File menu > Open File.
You see the Open dialog box.
2 Select one or more database files you want to host, then click Open.
The database files appear in the Files and Folders tabs of the administration window.

Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001 FileMaker, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back