Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FileMaker Pro to MS Access 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeroenB

Programmer
Apr 8, 2001
BE
Hi,

is it possible (maybe by adding plugins) to import filemakerpro files into MS Access ?

Thanks
Jeroen

FileMaker 5.5 and 6.0 have ODBC capabilities and can work with Access.

JEROEN,
adding to what john said ...all you need to do is save a copy of the data base you are using as a .dbf file then goto access and inport those records from that .dbf file...course you probably figured that out by now but just in case you didnt

Jeroen,

If you need to do this regularly ODBC might be a bit slow. Also if you need te control the data format in any way or need control over the import proces and/or want to use ADO to connect to Access you might want to build a VB app including the FmConnector ( This way export/import is done in 1 step, you can control the data and use your favorite technique on Access. I've done this and it gives me much more control over the process.

greetz,

Zteve

Hi,we just got a new computer running windows xp but in the old computer running win 98 we have a software called pro5, In its folder I found an installer but is not working.
I wan't to install this same software in the new pc or if possible to import the database conatined there to a new software like microsoft access, is it possible?
I will realy apreciate any help you can give me regarding this matter.
thanks
Hector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back