Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filemaker freezing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay0

IS-IT--Management
Jan 25, 2007
IE
Hi i have a weird problem with a database I have created for printing dockets from a customer based list. Its a simple database I just bring up customers name and fill in some details and print off docket. It has been working fine for months but the last few days its been freezing. the weird thing is it only freeze's when I go to print anybody where their name begins with J. So if I bring up a customer called John Murphy when i go to print it will freeze and I have to end filemaker in task manager. All other customers are ok that dont begin with J. Anyone any ideas where I could even start in trying to solve this??

Good point that you already narrowed down to the 'J'.

Make a backup of you file.
Make a copy of your file and try this on the copy.

1.Make a copy/no records of the file, give it a name like Jtest.

Make a found set of all the 'J' records in the original file.
Import that found set in Jtest and see if you still have the problem.

If you have, make a recover on the Jtest file and see if the problem is still there.

2. Make a found set of all the 'J' records.
Export as cvs file.
Delete the found set, import the cvs file and check.

3. Make a found set of all the 'J' records.
Import in a copy/no records file (f.i. Jtest2).
Import one record at the time and check each time for problem.

The recover will find a possible corruption in the layouts.
The import of the records one at the time will find a possible corruption in data.

HTH

Hi thanks for your help I did a recover on each file and it seems to have done the trick. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back