Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filemaker DBS not working as login items 10.6

Status
Not open for further replies.

detourdog

MIS
Jul 14, 2010
US
Hey I have been managing some filemaker DBS since the late 90's. I have been having these dbs autolaunch on login using login items for each user account.

Now we are starting to mix in 10.6 clients and I find filemaker no longer launches the DBs.

Now it hops up and down in the dock and as soon as you click it, it will continue and work normally.

I'm sure it has to do with automated launching of filemaker.

I have tried applescripts to launch the DBs or call filemaker to the foreground and nothing works outside of click the filemaker icon.

Anyone have this working on 10.6. I'm using filemaker 8.5 on all intel hardware.

Thanks,

Ben

What is 10.6 ?

Vague question with strange denomination....

as in OS X 10.6 clients that are running the filemaker databases.

Since about 10.1 we have been running our system to autologin and load the common daily databases.

As we are rolling out Mac OS X 10.6 I noticed a that filemaker could no longer open it's DB's in the background using previously working scripts on earlier OSes.

I'm have been futzing with applescript and may be on to something.

I'm now using the finder to open the DB files and let it talk to filemaker about opening them.

Using this indirect method I have been able to call out to the filemaker db that opens the databases I need.

I was originally trying to call filemaker directly to open the databases but I have had more luck calling the Finder.

Seems to be a Mac problem then....

Sorry, only all other OS here (Win, Linux etc )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back