Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Filemaker DB with ASP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faheemi

Programmer
Sep 2, 2001
HK
Hi there,

Has anybody used the Filemaker database as DB backend with Microsoft ASP as the CGI. Database connection could be through ODBC. Is the Filemaker stable and efficient talking through ODBC or it can work well only with Web Companion?

Has anybody tried this combination?

Thank you for all of your comments.

Thanks again.

Faheem Hameed

Faheem,

I also am looking into using Filemaker with ASP.
I know that FileMaker Pro 5.5 has ODBC compatibility.
You can import information from, say, SQL Server, but I am not sure if they allow you to get data from Filemaker using ODBC. It may still be in the development.

I have not tried to work with FileMaker through ASP, but it would be great to know if it can be done through ODBC.

Does anyone know anything about Filemaker and ASP?

Dmitriy. <Dmitriy>
dbrom@crosswinds.net

I am also looking for ways to connect to FileMaker via ASP...Did anyone ever discover a solution for this?

Ok, a bit late to reply but anyhow:

ASP connections to Filemaker through ODBC are possible but a hassle, very fault intolerant and slo
Instead you could use the FmConnector for ASP. A very VBscript (ASP) oriented component with an extensive help file and axamples. Check out I personally have developed intra/internet apps with this component and it works just smoothly for me...

Any questions, just ask...

Steven
zteve@wanadoo.nl

Please... Don't use file maker for anything. :)

Yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back