Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Upload Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariebmk

Programmer
Jun 26, 2003
US
Hello! We are currently using the newer file upload features in flash 8. It works fine from most computers - but some users have issues. It appears that it just doesn't work at all - the file never gets put on the server, and therefore the code to scan, rename and move the file never gets called.

Since we can do it no problem for them, we know it is not something specific in the document itself, or the code that is running - so I'm thinking it must be either a security setting on their end or something weird with the browser. Has anyone run into this and have any words of advice to offer? Is this feature only supported by specific browsers? I have tested both IE and firefox without issues.

Thanks!

Any ideas? Its become more mysterious as I found solutions to issues under SSL with firefox, which doesn't help as most these people are IE users. It seems to possibly be linked to their firewall, but I have no idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back