Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File transfer with MSN Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade800

Programmer
Sep 25, 2001
CA
Since I installed Winroute, I still can use MSN Messenger and AIM to communicate with others, but the file transfer doesn't work anymore with either of them. I am not using the proxy server, only NAT.

i'd be very interested to know the solution to this problem, the same happens with Yahoo messenger as far as i am aware.

Rob

are you using winroute pro? if so are you using any filter rules?

Winroute Pro Version 4.2.5
No filter rules
No Port Mapping
(Altough that from time to time I had some rules but I don't right now and the problem is still there).

set as available the port for msn and yahoo messenger ( for file transfer ) .

Well, I tried to send a file to a different person and it worked this time. It seems that the problem is with the firewall of the first person I was trying, not mine. I didn't change anything in the configuration.

I am a bit confused. How do I configure my Winroute to let may machines behind the FW use MSN file xfer? I can chat with no problem with both MSN and Yahoo.
Please help!!

I have the same problem.
Ive tried port mapping with this settings:

Protocol: TCP
Listen IP: unspecified
Listen Port: 6891 to 6900
Destination IP: 192.168.0.2
Destination Port: 6891 to 6900

What am i doing wrong? Ive read the MS site and this were the settings i think soud be right. But... no file transfers.

Thxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back