Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File that stores the order of Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshFink

IS-IT--Management
Mar 6, 2003
US
Hello...

I am trying to transfer my Favorites from one computer to another. I would like my favorites, on my links bar, as well as in the favorites folder to be sorted the same way without me having to drag them where I want them.

I'm assuming there is some file that keeps the order of all your favorites and that I could just transfer this file and the new computer would have the same order.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Josh

If you're transferring from an XP or 2K machine, the favourites are in the Documents and Settings folder, under the user's name. If it's 98/95, the favourites are in the Windows directory. Just copy the folder to a disk (unless you're networked). When you come to a fork in the road, take it. Yogi Bera

Thanks for the reply.

I know I can copy the favorites, but they are organized non alphabetically, call me anal or what have you, I just get used to them in a certain way. Is there a file that keeps track of what order they are in? There must be as when I reopen IE each time they are in the same order and not alphabetized.

Thanks

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back