Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File sytem permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1ro

MIS
May 10, 2003
US
Hi,

I've got a little problem with file permissions on my company's workstations. We have a security consultant that decided to import a security template into group policy before testing it. He accidentaly changed the permissions on all workstations' C: drive to "domain users" only. We've since took care of most of the permissions, but problems keep cropping up (alot of problems, actually)...the security template has obviously been removed from GP. Now for some reason applying file permissions in GP now does not work well anymore (I'm assuming because system has been removed from having any access?) Does anybody know a good way of pushing out file system permissions to all workstations?

Thanks

I hope you haven't sent the consultant a check yet..........

Jake Garcia

Cant you just delete that group policy and start anew by creating a new group policy and import the default adm file?

Bill

try calcs or xcalcs script

"Work to live, don't live to work"

"The problem with troubleshooting is that sometimes it shoots back"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back