Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File size limit exceeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnixSkunk

IS-IT--Management
Oct 16, 2002
US
Hi, all...
I'm trying to do a restore onto a linux box, and am currently receiving the error...
[compressasm -r ./condor_core_release_1.0/back_end/asic_entity/blocks/core_entity/run1/results/def/core_entity.def]
File size limit exceeded
-sh-2.05b#

uname -a reports....
Linux flowlnx4 2.4.21-9.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Jan 8 17:08:56 EST 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

As far as I know, this machine has largefiles support enabled. Would anyone have any ideas as to why this error is occurring?

Thanks....
Bruce Murphy

I've never seen that error before, but here's a thought. When using compression, any compression, you need temp space to actually compress the files. If the files are very large, then maybe you don't have enough temp space at the time Networker is trying to shrink the file for it to complete the process.

Just a thought....

Herm

I can think of two things that could be causing this:

1. Linux has a file size limit.

2. Kernel limitation

Check the ulimit of the userid that is doing the restore. A filesystem/kernel may certainly permit large files, but a ulimit setting can prevent a user from creating/accessing such a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back