Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file size in turbo c 2.01

Status
Not open for further replies.

chop

Programmer
Mar 29, 2001
US
is there any way to change the size of the files i can open with Borland's turbo c 2.01?

trying to open large source in the IDE. It tells me that the file is too large, and asks if I want to cut it off.

I've never used your compiler, but you might want to consider upgrading to something more recent. There are several free compilers for DOS and win32 out there.

If you have to use Turbo C, you could just abandon the IDE and use a text editor instead that supports larger files and then compile everything from the DOS prompt.

On DOS/Windows platforms, I mostly use Cygwin, which comes with a GCC port as well as a lot of other *nix tools including a BASH shell and UltraEdit, a shareware editor, to edit my source files:

Also, take a look at djgpp:

And LCC-Win32:

And Borland C++ (also compiles C programs):

Russ
bobbitts@hotmail.com

thanks. went and downloaded djgpp. it's IDE(rhide) is almost exactly like borland's, so it didn't take long to get used to getting around, and it hasn't given me any errors about the file size yet, so i'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back