Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Sharing Lock exceeded - when saving vb code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTHelp

MIS
Feb 8, 2005
US
I've seen the file sharing lock exceeded error on this board many times for when the Access application is running, but I am experiencing this problem when trying to save a vb module...

What would cause this problem?

Is it the table lock, or a file lock on the Access File?

This is one guess:
Do you have two instances of the application open? Maybe it canceled out and you started up another, but the first is still running in the background. Check Windows Task Manager under the processes tab to see if you have two instances of MSAccess.exe

Mark P.
Providing Low Cost Powerful Point of Sale Solutions.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be it either, I've checked the running processes and msaccess is not there nor do I see any references to anything that looks like vb.

Still stumped..

By the way, we are running Windows 2000, Access 2000 (9.06926 sp3) and VB 6.3

I managed to resolve this myself. Part of this application opened Excel spreadsheets and PPX files from PowerPlay. These resources were not being released. When the release of these resources was added, the problem was resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back