Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File sharing between solaris and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmbdel

MIS
Mar 14, 2003
US
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to solaris as I'm a windows administrator. I have installed solaris 8 intel version on my desktop and now i want to share files between solaris and windows 2000 on my laptop. How shud I configure my solaris. One more thing I have two NIC on my desktop one is connected to cable mode and the other is connected to the laptop. How I shud configure solaris so that I can access internet from laptop like in windows I use IP forwarding. How can I configure IP forwarding on solaris so that I can use all my resources. i have DHCP configured for both the cards on solaris.

Thanks,
Nisha

You could try installing Samba on Solaris and then designate certain directories as shares. Next, go to your Windows server or PC and map drives to those newly-shared directories.

OZ352

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back