Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file/ send email /no longer working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1andonly

Technical User
Dec 9, 2002
US
When I click file send page or link by email I get this error below:The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages. ANY IDEAS? Thanks in advance for any replies

This problem can usually be resolved by setting the default mail client from Internet Options, Programs tab. IE basically looks for the (default) here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail]

If no joy, run IEFix:

Are you sure that the links are spelled correctly?

Maybe your internet connection is not that fastand it times out

Did you have the same problem in the past or everything was well untill now?

Did you try to copy paste the link to the address bar of your IE and see what happens?

Tried these and still not working M.S.is suppose to send more info thanks for replies

You do have and use local e-mail client software, don't you? (You're not using only web-based email).

I ran that iefix now I Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested Url: /secure/start
GET THIS ERROR THIS IS WHATS IN THE ADDRESS BAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back