Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Security only Partially working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PulsaMatt

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
US
I am apparently having a brainfreeze on this one so anyone that might have an idea I would greatly appreciate it.

We are using Windows 2003 Server SP1 ... I have a file that has a group that has read-write access to it, as well as one individual user who should also have read-write access.

The problem I am having is this ... the group has "modify" access and it is working correctly. The individual user also has "modify" access, but its not working correctly. The user can open the file, but cannot save it as they should be able to.

I cant seem to remember what i Am doing wrong ... brain freeze has set in.

Matt Laski
Web & Systems Support
Pulsafeeder Inc.

did you check "Effective permissions" for that user for that file?

she might be a memeber of another group with explicit deny on that file/folder, for example.

BTW How that user work with that file? Directly on the server or thru the network share? If it's the share I would check her permissions there as well.

It turned out to be what wazzup2474 suggested ... the folder itself only had "list" for the users ... once I corrected the folder security everything started working. Thanks!

Matt Laski
Web & Systems Support
Pulsafeeder Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back