Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File record segment 23452 is unreadable

Status
Not open for further replies.

njxbean

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2003
US
OK. windows 2000 server. I began to ntfs compress a large folder. It was going to take a while the size of the folder is about 70 gig. I stepped away and about 2 hours later i noticed the computer had rebooted and i was at the log in screen. So i logged in and my server was very slow and unresponsive. After about 10 minutes it sped up but still seemed slow. So i rebooted and ran chkdsk. and i began to recieve this message "File record segment 23452 is unreadable" for different segments. It went on for a while so i left my office. i figure i will let it go and fix what needs to be fixed. should i be worried? are there problems with ntfs compression?

computer locked up during chkdsk. any ideas?????? server still runs, but is very slow. anyone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back