Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Read Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cconroy

Programmer
Nov 28, 2001
US
We have a fpw 2.6 application used over a network. We have recently upgraded to Windows 2000 server, and now we are getting a 'file read error' error while navigating throughout the app. Anyone encounter this problem? Any ideas on a fix? Thanks in advance

We are experiencing similar problem with FP DOS 2.6 app running on WIN2K server. Did you find a solution?

We have had no luck resolving this issue.

I had the same problem with foxpro 2.6 and our network ( Win 2K and Cisco Switches ) after some research I realized that if I put speed or duplex setting of a NIC card or switch port to "Auto detect" I'm getting FILE READ ERROR after setting the NIC and Switch port to 100MB and FULL duplex I haven't has any FILE READ ERROR. check the NIC card speed and duplex and set it to correct values based on your network enviroment. you have to do the similar thing on the network switch.

-Nuclear

I had this problem also in Fox Dos version, running
in novell 4 in two different clients.

In one of these places I try every thing, change
network interfase, hubs, and cables.

The problem dissapear but I can't tell you why and
what happened. It seem to me that is a network delay
that make this error.

cconroy

I am having a similar 'File Read Error'. do you ever solve the problem or develop a get around?
Ray

cconroy

I am having a similar 'File Read Error'. Did you ever solve the problem or develop a get around?
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back