Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File path in access field

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick29071955

Programmer
Feb 19, 2003
GB
I have an access 97 database which will hold 32 bitmaps (approx 5k each)I originally set it up to keep the image in the database, but upon testing I found that this will very rapidly fill up the database.
Browsing tek-tips I found a suggestion (by elvenmaiden Thread709-391834)to put the filepath in the database and then call the path to load the pic/image box.
How do I do this? Bearing in mind that the 32 bitmaps will have been dropped from another set of image boxes. All required bitmaps are in one directory.
I have spent the last two weeks trying different ways of setting this program up and the last 2 days searching through tek-tips.
Will it be a series of IF THEN statements?
ie:-

if image1=bitmap1 then
2=bitmap1 then
x32

Any help will be appreciated.

Rick

rick: what I do is put the path in a table, build the string duirng form use and set the image object to that path when I need to bring up the image, e.g.,

MyImage.Picture = "C:\AWW\BellefLagoon.jpg"

...not exactly sure what it is that you need -- I abandonded storing images in tables as they can be easily read directly from the drive via pathnames.

isadore
thanks for your reply.

what I do is put the path in a table,
build the string duirng form use

How do I do this?

I have a form with 21 bitmap images that are drag and dropped onto another 32 image boxes then saved to be viewed later. Except to add new entries the database cannot be changed.

Thanks

Rick

Rick: Never did anything quite like that; my handling of images is simple, they are stored on the drive and I just compile the string of their path depending on what the user is doing - and then set the image path to the Picture property. So very simple.

Drag and dropping images to new image boxes and saving it is a bit beyond my experience. I have seen several on these boards that do that sort of thing so just hang in there and someone will come up with a workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back