Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file open in Excel 2003 is full screen 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawfme

Technical User
Oct 11, 2007
CA
This is more of an annoyance than a problem, but I'd appreciate it if anyone has a fix.

The other day I selected File Open from the menu in Excel and hit the maximize button so that I now see a full screen. Now I can't get it to shrink back down - there is no "-" symbol in the top right hand corner of the screen. As I say, it's more of an annoyance, but I'm finding it disconcerting and would like to have it back the way it was!

Thanks.

Just right click the doc on taskbar and minimize. Can you see the x in right corner?

Double-click on the top bar?

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

The File Open/Save dialogs in all Office Apps work like Explorer and many other dialog. Just double-click the Titlebar to toggle between Maximised and Windowed View. You can then size it with the pull handles.

Regards: tf1

Also check view and make sure it's not set to full screen.

or.... it might be a simple as ALT/v followed by letter u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back