Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File not ound

Status
Not open for further replies.

petreco

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2002
GB
The Arcserve is trying to backup a file, but the file does not exist and so the backuo is incomplete. Any ideas how I can go round this problem.

W3404 2006/03/10 21:16:48 813 1 Unable to open file. (FILE=C:\WINNT\., EC=INVALID NAME)

When you modify your job and go to the source tab:
How does it look?
Are all folders selected or have you deselected any folders under the C:\

If it's partially selected (half checked) then you have a static job and in order to solve your issue you need to make sure that all files and folders are fully checked.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,
GSC

Common sense is not so common anymore

GSC,

We have created few filters, so that it does not include certain files to be backed up on C:\.
This error has just started about 5 weeks ago. I Have tried to find the file but no joy.
The in concer is ";". I have also tried to creating a dummy file but stil no joy.

Still the question is;
In the source tab, have you selected all files (fully checked)or partial files (half checked)

Regards,
GSC

In the source it is Partially selected. This only done so that we do not backup certain files or folders

OK,
Like I said, this makes the backup static and all new files will not be backed up from folders that you have partially selected.
Best way of working with filters is actually using the filters option.
To solve your problems, select everything and work with the filters.

Regards,
GSC

Vschummy

The file ";" does not exist anywhere on the server, so Iam unable to deltete it or exclude it from backup.

What version of ARCserve/Build version and What OS/Service Pack level are you running?

Vschumpy

The Acrerserve is version 9.0 Build 2100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back