Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File not found; calling DTS from SP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veejc

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
US
Hi all

I've got a DTS package that I am successfully calling from a SP using the following command

exec master..xp_cmdshell 'dtsrun /S Tahiti /E /N DTS_QA_leadscreeningoutput'

The package is being found and run fine.

The problem is this:

There is a transformation being done TO a text file inside that package. The package has been a standalone thing for since it's creation and has successfully been using a couple of txt files saved up to a shared drive for it's output.

ONLY when the package is called by this sp does it not find these files. Here is the error that is generated:

DTSRun: Loading...
DTSRun: Executing...
DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1
DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSExecuteSQLTask_1
DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1
DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4
DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 1000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 1000
DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 2000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 2000
DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1; 2910 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 2910
DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_1
DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2
DTSRun OnStart: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_3
DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2, Error = -2147467259 (80004005)
Error string: Error opening datafile: The system cannot find the path specified.

Error source: Microsoft Data Transformation Services Flat File Rowset Provider
Help file: DTSFFile.hlp
Help context: 0

Error Detail Records:

Error: 3 (3); Provider Error: 3 (3)
Error string: Error opening datafile: The system cannot find the path specified.

DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_2
DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4; 1000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 1000
DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4; 2000 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 2000
DTSRun OnProgress: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4; 2910 Rows have been transformed or copied.; PercentComplete = 0; ProgressCount = 2910
DTSRun OnFinish: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_4
DTSRun OnError: DTSStep_DTSDataPumpTask_3, Error = -2147467259 (80004005)

Error Detail Records:

Error: 3 (3); Provider Error: 3 (3)

All of the other tasks inside the package work fine and do what they are supposed to; it's only failing on these two steps because it can't find the files.

I thought perhaps it ahd something to do with the security I told it to follow when calling the package.. is that possible? If so, could someone help me troubleshoot this? Currently I told it to use the trusted connection and I am logged in myself and I know I ahve the access to where I need, but am not sure of what exactly is wrong.

Any ideas?

C'mon all these smart people and nobody has a response for this one?????

just in case anyone ever runs into this... i figured out my problem.

the sqlsa login which is what was calling the sp didn't have the rights to the shared drive that the files were stiting on... moving the files to the local machine fixed this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back