Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File moving confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

llam

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
CA
Hi all,

I have a Win 2000 Server running as a file server. I found that people sometimes move the files by mistakes. It is like while click a folder, the user hold the click for too long, and they actually drag the folder into another folder without knowing it. Is there a way to enable file moving confirmation in AD? if not, how can i do it on each workstation? btw, the workstations are win 2000 pro.
Thanks!

Les

Check out this link.

thread96-415282

Good luck.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
MCP W2K
glen@johnsoncomputers.us

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn return to the same box."

Thank you for your reply.
However, my needs is some what different. (I would say, supposingly, simplier) the users can have right to delete, move, whatever they want. I just want to popup a confirmation before they do so. cuz in most cases, they just cannot handle their mouse well enough and turn out moving the files around (ie. click while moving mouse, turns into moving behavior in windows.) I just want them to aware of the moving. that's it. just like deletion. ask the user to confirm deleting the files.
look forward for your solution. thanks!

Les

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back