Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Merger

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvidigal

Programmer
Sep 8, 2003
PT
Hi everyone,

i would like to do a file merger to merge several audio files into one!
I sorted a Class wich Reads a complete audio file into a buffer, and a SaveAsStereo SaveAsMono functions!

but i also would need to add information for each Audio file, for example the last volume/pan settings for that file! the Idea is to have a audio library e.g 4GB, and access (quickly) to a specific audio part & info

i think i also may need a TableofContents of the BOF, don't i?

how can i achieve this!
thanks in advance

óoooo :-(

no answers!!! i can send the wave class if someone think that can help me with this thingy!

once again thank you very much!

Regards

ok...I avoided this post as I'm quite busy at the moment :)

I would do something like:

TAudioLibHeader = record
Name: array[0..20] of char;
AudioCount: integer;
end;

TAudioLibIndex = record
AudioName: array[0..50] of char;
Artist: array[0..50] of char;
PlayLength: integer; //seconds
Offset: integer; //offset from start of file to audio files location in the library
end;

I imagine you would want to create an app that could load the Audio Library and allow you to add/remove stuff as appropriate. I won't go into it in detail as its just a matter of coding it. You would need to write the header, and then a list of indexes, calculate the offsets as you go and write it all to disk.

Hope some of that helps.

Hey BillDoorNz

you'r a sweet! ;-) thanks man!

you'r example its great, altough this will not be used for Albums/Artist, but for fast seeking of audio samples.

For instance i may want to load as quickly as i can 3 sounds to memory that could be all 3 in very diferent locations of the file! Plus because its a library i may need to store the Category where the Sample fits in, if its a Loop then what is the BPM and so...

with this in mind is there anything you might rember?

thanks again,

Regards

any more thoughts BillDoorNz?

:)

all the best

Tiago

I'm sure you could add whatever else you need to the TAudioLibIndex record...or create another record that is simply a header that is prepended to all audio samples and is what the TAudioLibIndex points at....

it all depends how you want to use the library...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back