Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File locks 2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jontmke

MIS
May 25, 2001
US
We just moved from a Novell environment to a Windows 2000 server. We still have one Foxpro 5 database left and it is being locked by users. Different users at all times. Can someone point me in the right direction the tweaks on 2000 to cure this? I know the Novell ones, just not Windows.
FYI: The dbf is on a 2000 server and the users are connecting from Metaframe servers. No one is connecting from their local PC.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

Hi

I am unable to think anything for the current situation except locking out the users atleast at some point of time after giving intimation.

For future, you can build in a function to makes the users forced out and free the tables. A related FAQ is available here..
A way to force Users out of your VFP application.
faq184-3152

:)

ramani :)
(Subramanian.G)

Jon,

There are some hotfixes you have to apply to Win2K and Citrix for VFP apps to run correctly. But unfortunately I can not locate a link for you.

I spent the last 30 minutes looking around. There is a MS Knowledgebase article that describes exactly what you need to do.

PF

I just found what I was looking for, for you:

"The 2 technet articles that relate to this are Q272127 and Q294816"

These are articles on MS Knowledgebase.

PF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back