Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File is not open error message when compiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplyES

Programmer
Oct 5, 2012
GB
I have seen some threads where this error (1113) is occuring but, in my case, this is happening when I compile. Up until now I've not had a problem with this project and its been compiled a good few times, of course. Now I can't seem to get past this [File is not open] error message. One of the suggestions Barbara Peisch makes is to rebuild the indexes, but that won't help compile, will it?

OK, so a bit like when I take a toothache to the dentist, as soon as I posted my question, I tried again and it compiled without issue! Anyone have a comment? a clue? an idea what's going on?

One of the surest roads to a compile error is being SUSPENDed during debugging. In that case, type CANCEL in the command window.

CANCEL, then CLEAR ALL.
Or simply restart VFP before compiling.

Bye, Olaf.

Thanks, gents. I always [CLEAR ALL] before compiling and, if I still have problems, shut and restart VFP. On this occasion this didn't help. I am having a bit of trouble with class libraries - bad management of locations on my part - so perhaps this is throwing a spanner in the works.

CLEAR ALL doesn't clear all, if there still is something dangling on callstack, therefore CANCEL.
Restarting the IDE should always clear out all reference, unless of course you still have an exe or other VFP session running.
But it worked in the end, so it can't be too serious or a permanent issue of a circular reference or something like that.

Bye, Olaf.

Hi SimplyES,

I have had this error a few times during the last 20 years.

The reason was always corrupt project files: *.pjt, *.pjx

- copying these two files back from a backup and all works! :)

- or: if You have no backup, create these two files again :-(

- or: try to repair the two project files!

the pjx file is a table file *.dbf
the pjt file is a memo file *.fpt

You can open the pjx file with the USE command like a dbf file !!!

USE myproject.pjx
USE "myproject.pjx"

Regards, Stefan

Hi,

I have this line in mystart.prg
Code:
On Key Label Alt+F5 Do "D:\VFP9\RESETTEN.PRG"
and
Code:
 Keyboard('cancel{enter}clear all{enter}release all{enter}')

thus everytime i (re)compile my project: alt+F5 + compile

rgds,
Koen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back